Podbean’s podcast player for Amazon Alexa has been updated and improved for better podcast listening and discovery on your Alexa devices. Podbean brings millions of podcasts to Alexa so you can listen and enjoy podcasts for free. Find new podcasts in all genres, listen to your podcast playlists with easy voice commands and pick up where you left off listening on any device!
*If your podcast is hosted with Podbean, it will automatically be included in the Podbean app and Podbean skill for Alexa.
Some of the key improvements and features of the Podbean Podcast Player for Alexa include:
- Easier access to more podcasts
- Enabling users to play their personal playlists and “Episodes I Like”
- Voice commands for “rewind” and “fast forward” in varying time chunks
- Android app users can pick up where they left off listening in their Podbean account on any device. (Coming in the future for iOS users.)
Follow these simple steps to link your Podbean account to Alexa:
- Set up your Alexa device using the Amazon Alexa app.
- Go to the Devices page in the Alexa app. Tap YOUR SMART HOME SKILLS at the bottom. Enable the skills.
- Search for “Podbean”. Launch the Podbean player. Enter Settings to Link Account. All set!
To start listening to Podbean with Alexa, try these commands:
- “Alexa, Ask Podbean to play The Daily.” … to play whichever podcast you’d like by name
- “Ask Podbean to play My Likes” … to play your collection of “Episodes I Like”
- “Ask Podbean to load my playlists”, and then “Play my playlist Comedy Highlights” … to play your personal playlist
The Podbean Podcast Player on Alexa has simple play controls and powerful playback features so you can truly enjoy your podcast listening experience.
Check out our Alexa FAQs for more information.