The Podbean team has been making major updates to the podcast website themes we offer as part of our podcast hosting plans. With these new themes, features, and customizations, podcasters can easily create the best podcast website quickly and easily. The themes not only look amazing and show off your podcast to the world, they also have special podcast functionality to make listening and connecting with your podcast easy for potential listeners. The podcast landscape is increasingly competitive and Podbean strives to offer the best tools so even the smallest podcast can make a big impression.
Podbean has just released the latest theme, Podisc, which has a sleek, cool design. It features a waveform player for the latest episode in the top banner and it is sure to impress visitors.
There are several new themes so you can find what fits your podcast best and customize it to your needs in no time at all. All the themes let you:
- Customize and edit the site inline with point and click editing
- Easily add new sections and arrange the sections by drag & drop
The new podcast websites offer the following benefits to podcasters and listeners:
- Faster site response loading times
- Improved mobile responsiveness, support for all devices
- Newly designed podcast players
- Floating audio player across site pages to ensure listeners can enjoy the podcast while navigating throughout the site
- Video player upgrade: minimized player continues to play the video while users navigate throughout the site
- Display of all podcast apps where your podcast is available so listeners can quickly navigate to their preferred app to listen and follow your podcast
- Social media footer to display your social media accounts so listeners can connect and engage with the podcast
New themes are available to all Podbean users. Paid account users have extra features, such as custom navigation links and access to fully customize the site using CSS. Podbean has created several new themes and will continue to add more options. Old podcast website themes will remain available for 6 months, but will then be retired for the updated styles to keep with modern website design and best practices
How to Set Up a New Podcast Website
In your Podbean dashboard, go to Distribution–>Podcast Website. Click on any theme. You can view it to learn more and see examples with different options. Click “Activate Now” when you have picked a theme. Then, you can begin customizing it with simple point and click editing.
If you have any questions, contact our Support team anytime at help.podbean.com.