You asked, we delivered. We are glad to announce that Podbean now offers an embeddable podcast player with the ability to create custom playlists.
You can get the code for an embeddable podcast player with the custom playlist by going to the “Distribution”->”Embed Player” page.
You can customize your playlist in three ways:
- Custom Playlist by Tags. This means you can create a playlist by topic. For example, if you have two tags, Company News and Sales Training, now you can create two embed players , one comes with all podcast episodes with the tag “company news” in the playlist and another comes with all podcast episodes with the tag “Sales Training”. Moreover, the playlist is dynamic, which means if you add a new episode with the tag “Company News”, the new episode will automatically be shown in your “Company News” embeddabble podcast player. You can embed the player once and deliver dynamic content to your site visitors.
- Custom Playlist by Season Number. If you set the Season Number <itunes:season> for your episodes, now you can create embed podcast players for each season by simply selecting the season number. The Season player is also dynamic, so if you add new episodes to the season, the new episodes will automatically be shown in the embedded player.
- Custom Playlist by Publish Time. For example, a teacher can create an embeddable podcast player for all episodes created by students this semester and embed it into the school site. Again, the playlist is dynamic. Any new episodes added in the selected time period will automatically be shown in the player.
More customization options:
- Episode Order: Now you can set the order of episodes: new to old or old to new.
- Player Color: You can change the player color and play button to fit your site/brand.
- Player Size: You can set the player size to fit the space on your site.
- Player Fonts: Multiple fonts are available for you to choose.
- Player Share button: You can set the “Share” option to show or not.
- Player Download button: You can turn on/off the download button to allow episodes to be downloaded or only played in the player.