Podbean has opened our API for developers to build apps for our 140k+ strong podcaster community. Building apps for Podbean podcasters lets you easily integrate your service with the Podbean platform. Once you successfully build an app with the Podbean API, it will be listed in the Podbean App Market, where podcasters can find an array of powerful options to enhance their podcasting experience.
How to submit your app to Podbean’s App Market:
1. Go to https://developers.podbean.com/. Click “Register a New App” and complete the information.
2. In your developer account, click on “manage app” for the information you will need as you develop and test your app. You can find the API documentation here. Test your app in your own account, and proceed to Step 3 when you are satisfied with your testing results.
3. Login to your developer account and click “submit to review”. The Podbean team will review and test your app. Once your app has been approved, it will be included in the Podbean app market. You will be notified by email.
We’re excited to invite developers to use our API to develop great new applications for Podbean users. Contact us if you have any questions.
Podcasters always wonder if users actually play their podcasts after they’re downloaded. Do users listen to the whole episode or drop off at some point? At what point do most people stop listening, or do they skip certain content? Now with Podbean’s “User Engagement Intel”, you get the answers to all these questions.
User Engagement Intelligence reveals insights into the behavior of your users on the Podbean app and players. Podcasters can easily see what portions users play over and over, what they skip, when they stop listening and more. This allows a podcaster to gain deeper knowledge of how their audience is responding to content. In-depth user intel can help in attracting and managing sponsorships and listener support, as well as improving marketing strategy and content development.
How does it work?
- Visit the Podbean app market and purchase “User Engagement Intel” (click on “Get App” and select the channel if you have multiple channels).
- In your Podbean admin, go to “Settings→Apps”. Click on the “View” icon for “User Engagement Intel” to see your data. Data is actively tracked for the 10 most recent episodes (contact us if you would like to track more episodes).
- Select an episode to view data. You can see: average user engagement % (total user play time divided by the # of users times length of the episode) and average play time. You can scroll over the graph and zoom in for more detail, by the second. For private podcasts, you can also view data on who is listening and their individual listening patterns.
With a deeper understanding of your users and their behavior, you can act based on data instead of guessing. You can spot possible trends and better achieve desired outcomes for your podcast.
We’re excited to announce the release of the Podbean app market, where you can find an array of features to enhance your podcasting experience. You’ll find apps here to connect services like Dropbox and Google analytics with your account. Additionally, you’ll be able to add customizations like a static home page, a popular episodes widget, and SEO meta tags.
Simply visit apps.podbean.com to browse the available apps.
We’re just getting started! We will continue to expand the available apps; developers can connect their services easily using Podbean’s open API. If you have a service you’d like to see connected to Podbean, click below to submit a suggestion.