Podbean has made some exciting upgrades to our statistics platform. We’ve added some new statistics to help podcasters gain more insight into their audience and improved the user experience. Here’s a tour of all the improvements and the new dashboard:
The statistics have been reorganized and simplified, to make it easy to get a quick view of the podcast’s performance and easily drill down with fewer clicks. All key stats are available under this tab now, instead of under separate tabs.
- User retention chart: gives a snapshot of the number of listeners from week to week. This helps you gain insight into listener loyalty (i.e. are new listeners sticking with your show, are there drop off trends?).
2. Trending chart: download trends for all episodes during the time period. Scroll over and click on any date to get details and examine downloads by episode on that date.
3. Where your audience comes from: geographic stats for the time period. Map and list show the top five (worldwide countries, U.S. states and Canadian provinces). Click “view more” to view all.
4. Downloads by time of day: a 24-hour chart by day showing your download trends. You’ll be able to get a quick view of popular download times.
5. User agents: sources of your downloads such as Apple Podcasts, browsers, or specific podcast apps (click “view more” to see all).
This tab provides more detail and comparisons for downloads. You can now choose a custom date range. You can look at all episodes, a specific episode, or compare episodes for the date range you choose. When looking at all episodes, you’ll also see a list of your top 10 episodes below.
If your podcast is on Spotify via Podbean’s partnership program, Spotify’s statistics can be viewed here as before.
We hope these improvements help you more easily gain better insights into your audience behavior and podcast performance. If you have any questions, contact us here or via live chat anytime.