Podbean offers full flexibility for podcasters who decide to migrate their podcast. You don’t have to worry about moving your podcast hosting and dealing with changing feeds, losing subscribers, and all the other headaches. We doubt you’ll ever want to leave Podbean’s hosting platform, but you can be reassured that if you do so your feed will always be available and can be redirected permanently.
Podbean offers a permanent podcast feed and portability so you can podcast with no worries. Here are the steps to redirect your Podbean feed to a new feed. Contact support.podbean.com if you have any questions.
If you have a Google Sites website, you can embed your Podbean-hosted podcast there with just a few steps. Check out this great video demo from GED 400CPP on YouTube or find the steps below.
- Login to your Podbean account. Go to “Episodes” and click on “Share and Embed”. You’ll see the Podbean player where you can find the “widget code”. Copy this code.
- Go to the google site where you wish to embed the player (in edit mode).
- Click on “Insert” in the top menu. Choose “More gadgets” and then “Embed gadgets” and select. In the space for “Embedding snippet” paste in the code you copied from Podbean. You can preview how it will look.
- Save your changes.
It’s as easy as that to embed your podcast on your google site!
Podcast advertising is an excellent way to promote your products or services. Podcast listeners have excellent brand recall and there’s a high return on investment. With Podbean’s Advertising Marketplace it is simple for companies to connect to their target audiences through podcasts.
Any company can begin a podcast advertising campaign with a few simple steps. After receiving proposals from podcasters, advertisers can select the best options for their needs. To do so, it’s important to understand the information contained in each proposal:
(Sample proposal. An advertiser would click “Select this Podcast” to begin working with this podcast.)
Price: this is the total cost for advertising on the podcast for the specified # of episodes
Number of Episodes: this is the number of episodes the podcaster would like to include in the ads campaign
Ads position: these are the positions the podcaster is offering for your ads (pre, mid or post roll)
Total Impressions: forecast downloads multiplied by the # of episodes and the # of slots (10,000 downloads in 10 episodes in pre- and post-roll slots would equal 200,000 impressions)
Click on the podcast logo/title to view the podcast description, audience geographic breakdown, and listen to the latest episodes.
You can also sort the proposals by Best CPM (cost per thousand downloads), Most Impressions, Downloads/Episode, Geography and Category. After reviewing the proposals, you’ll select the podcast(s) you wish to work with which creates the campaign agreement. Then, it’s easy to discuss details and manage the campaign right in the secure management system. It’s that simple!
The static front page option allows a user to set a specific page to be the home page of their podcast site. So, rather than visiting your site and seeing a list of latest episodes (also called posts), the visitor can be presented with the page of your choosing. For example, your podcast site’s home page could be a general introductory page or attractive landing page.
Before proceeding, make sure you have first created a page to use as the static front page:
1. To create a page, simply go to “Layout”->”Pages” in your dashboard. Click the “Create a new page” button.
2. From the menu, navigate to Settings-> Display-> Display Options page.
3. Under “Front page displays”, check the static page option.
4. Select the page you would like to display from the “Front page” drop down menu.
We’re excited to share some great updates we’ve made to the Podbean Advertising Marketplace! After a few months of beta testing, we’ve gathered feedback and made changes accordingly.
The process for podcasters and advertisers to connect and reach agreements has been simplified:
- Advertisers will now start a campaign with some basic information about their product/service, keywords, and campaign budget range. They will receive a list of recommended podcasts based on their needs and can invite any podcasts they like.
- Podcasters who think an ad campaign is a good fit for their podcast can send over a proposal including a price per episode (less complex than the previous CPM formula and more flexible for various sized podcasts and advertising budgets), # of episodes and spots available for ads (pre, mid, post-roll), and a message about what they have to offer. Advertisers can simplify their decision-making by sorting proposals ranked by best CPM or largest # of impressions, as well as filtering for geography and download ranges.
- Then the advertiser will simply select the podcasts/proposals they like, which will create the agreement and pre-authorize payment. We believe this will shorten the time to get the campaigns underway and secure commitments.
- The podcaster and advertiser can manage everything right in the platform, using our secure messaging tool to coordinate details like coupon codes and timing. The podcaster will upload the published episodes for the advertiser to approve and payment will be released immediately to the podcaster.
With this new, improved system it will be easier than ever to advertise on great podcasts. This opens up a world of possibilities for brands and podcasts of all sizes and types!
Check out Podbean’s Podcast Advertising Marketplace at www.sponsorship.podbean.com. It’s free to sign up!