Podbean runs a podcast directory online, as well as a having popular Android and iPhone podcast apps. Like most podcatchers, apps, and directories, we pull many public RSS feeds in so that listeners can find your show when they listen online or using our apps.
Listen/download stats will show up in your statistics from your podcast host (if they offer this service). If you are not listed in the directory/app and wish to be, it is easy to submit your podcast. If you are listed, it is also easy to claim ownership (this is also the 1st step if you would like to participate in our monetization platforms such as crowdfunding or advertising, which are both open to all podcasters no matter where you’re hosted).
If for some reason you don’t wish to be included, you can contact us at http://support.podbean.com to request removal, but please note that this means no listeners will be able to find/listen to your podcast when using the Podbean app.
When publishing your podcast episode posts, you may want them to be auto shared to Facebook or Twitter rather than doing it manually every time.
1. Log in to your Podbean account and go to the ‘Settings’->’Social Share’ page. Then click the ‘Connect to Facebook’ or ‘Connect to Twitter’ button. We’ve clicked the ‘Connect to Facebook’ button this time.
2. Follow the instructions and connect your Podbean account to Facebook. After the connection, the system will show the Facebook pages and Twitter accounts you’ve connected under the ‘Connected Account’ section. Now your post will be auto shared to these connected social media accounts every time you publish (unless you make an exception, as per below).
If you don’t want something to be shared, you can click the button under the ‘Publish new episode’ section to un-check the selection. You can also customize the text that displays when sharing by clicking the pencil icon.
Podbean’s pleased to announce some exciting upgrades to the Podbean apps for Android and iOS. These features are designed to help increase listener engagement and build stronger community. Now:
- Podcasters can discover who their followers are and interact with them. Click on followers to see other podcasts they follow, follow them back, etc.
- Listeners can discover more great podcasts they might like from followers of their favorite podcasts.
- Listeners can submit comments. This innovation makes podcasting a more interactive experience, providing a convenient feedback and discussion mechanism. Podcasters can manage the discussions (add comments, reply, delete comments or block users).
- The Podbean app’s intelligent recommendation system reward podcasts with high levels of engagement, by promoting them to more potential listeners.
We hope you enjoy the new community interaction features. We are constantly working on improving our features so stay tuned for more exciting innovations to come!