Podbean offers convenient social share features so you can easily spread the word about your podcast. You can find more information about social sharing to Facebook on our Support Center.
Sometimes podcasters run into problems with the wrong image displaying on their Facebook posts. Why does this happen? Facebook may display an alternative image from your site if the podcast or episode image you used doesn’t meet their image requirements.
You should use an image that’s at least 200x200px. Please see the detailed image requirements for Facebook here.
When the incorrect image is being displayed on Facebook, you can go to https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug to test/troubleshoot. Paste your episode link there and click “Debug”. You will see the link preview for Facebook, including the image. If the image is wrong, please click “Scrape Again”.
Podbean is excited to partner with Samson for this exciting podcast studio giveaway. Check out the press release with more detail below and enter to win on the Podbean/Samson entry page.
Samson, an industry pioneer in professional audio solutions, today announces its partnership with podcasting platform Podbean at Podcast Movement 2017 for a series of monthly giveaways over the next three months. Kicking off this month’s giveaway at Podcast Movement 2017 entrants will have the chance to win Samson’s Podcast Pro Studio System, a full suite of gear worth over $1,000 that would give any podcaster, especially one just getting their work off the ground, the ability to produce high-quality audio content.
From August 20–September 20, podcasters worldwide can enter by registering on the Podbean website as follows: GIVEAWAY CONTEST LINK. This will be followed by a drawing from which the winner will be selected. Only entries from this date range will be eligible for this giveaway package. Samson and Podbean will be offering a new giveaway package each month for the next three months (separate entries required).
The Podcast Pro Studio System that will be given away after the first month’s drawing is comprised of the following products that aspiring podcasters need to produce professional-quality broadcasts:
- Q8x Professional Dynamic Vocal Microphone (2): Provides the ultimate in sound reproduction for live and studio vocal and instrumental performances. This high output mic faithfully captures a wide dynamic range with exceptional mid-range clarity. Its supercardioid pickup pattern provides maximum gain before feedback, while an updated body design and pneumatic capsule shockmount minimize handling noise.
- MXP144FX 14-Input Analog Stereo Mixer with Effects and USB (1): Features Samson’s premium MDR (Maximum Dynamic Range) mic preamps to provide wide frequency range and natural response. The single-knob compressors keep your recorded audio levels even, minimizing post-production work. The built-in USB interface makes recording your podcast to a computer easy.
- Z55 Professional Reference Headphones (2): Offer exceptional detail and clarity with an immersive soundstage and frequency response that’s impeccably balanced. The Z55s deliver all the subtle elements of a mix. No hype, just the ultimate in sound reproduction, comfort and convenience.
- QH4 4-Channel Headphone Amplifier (1): A 4-channel headphone amplifier designed to distribute your audio to up to four individual headphones, each with its own volume control. Its compact design is perfect for use with any studio or desktop workstation, as well as with your laptop or smartphone when you’re recording on the go.
- MBA28 Microphone Boom Arm (2): The perfect microphone accessories for any radio, podcast or home studio setup. Its articulating design provides a maximum horizontal/vertical arm reach of 28″. The MBA28 features internal springs that allow for silent and effortless positioning, which is ideal while recording or during live broadcasts.
- Tourtek TM10 10′ Microphone Cable (2): Features two 24-gauge, multi-strand inner conductors wrapped in a braided copper shield with 96% coverage, protected by a 6mm PVC outer jacket. The result is a premium cable providing excellent rejection of RF and electromagnetic interference.
- Tourtek TI10 10′ Instrument Cable (2): Features inner stranded copper conductors covered by a PVC insulator, which is wrapped in a second carbon insulator, then wrapped in a braided copper shield with 96% coverage. This is protected by a 6mm PVC outer jacket. The low capacitance cable provides excellent rejection of RFI/EMI interference and superior sound quality.
“Podbean is committed to developing tools that help podcasters create, distribute and promote their podcasts easily and affordably. We’re excited about this opportunity to partner with Samson to bring some lucky podcasters such high-quality equipment,” says David Xu, CEO of Podbean.
“We are thrilled to offer the podcasting community a chance to win our innovative new Podcast Pro Studio setup,” said Sean Meagher, Director of Marketing at Samson. “Samson’s partnership with Podbean further strengthens our commitment to making high-quality and affordable equipment available to podcasters around the world.”
The podcasting space has seen exponential growth in recent years. Today, more than 57 million Americans listen to podcasts monthly (up 23%, year on year) and podcast advertising is forecasted to grow in the US about 25% a year through 2020. The number of podcasters is expected to grow consistently over the next few years as the industry continues to expand in reach and lucrativeness. And with giveaways like this, Samson and Podbean strive to be at the forefront of this expanding industry.
Podbean’s just released an awesome new tool to help you optimize advertising opportunities. The Podbean Dynamic Ads Insertion platform helps you maximize your ad revenue and minimize the work by automatically inserting your ads for you. You control everything…you bring the ads, decide on the slots, duration and more.
You benefit by being able to:
- monetize back episodes with fresh ads
- use GEO targeting to run multiple ads simultaneously for different listeners
- run time-limited campaigns for increased ad opportunities
- set ad positions to maintain the integrity of your show
- easily manage campaigns (no manual editing!) and get detailed statistics
Do all this for only a flat rate fee of $99/campaign. Try it FREE; your first THREE campaigns are on us!
How Podbean Dynamic Ads Insertion Works
- You bring the ads you want on your show (you just need the audio MP3 file, can be host-read or a prerecorded message, jingle, etc.).
- You determine times for potential ads in your podcast episodes (you can individually choose times in each episode or batch add a set time stamp on all episodes).
- Set up a campaign for a desired timeframe, choosing ad slots (preroll, multiple midrolls, and postroll, which will be placed according to the times you’ve designated), and episodes.
- Podbean’s technology will dynamically insert the ads according to your specs. You can edit or cancel a pending campaign.
- Once your campaign is running, you can review the comprehensive reports on ad delivery.
Check it out and get your first campaign up and running today!
We’ve added two exciting new features to the latest version of the Podbean iOS app. With these features, users get a better listening experience customized to their needs and listening conditions.
Intelligent speed shortens silences in the podcast without distorting the audio. It’s a great way to save your listening time while still enjoying the audio as it was meant to be.
Volume boost normalizes volume to make listening in noisy situations easier. With dynamic compression equalization, you get a more consistent volume. This can really help when podcasts don’t have perfect sound and or for times when there’s a lot of background noise.
To use these features, simply click on the “speedometer” icon on the bottom right when listening to a podcast. You will be able to apply the features there. You can read more about How to Use Intelligent Speed and Volume Boost in the Podbean iOS app here.
Podbean makes it easy to make your podcast social. For example, you can automate sharing your episodes to Facebook (and many other destinations). To set up Facebook auto-share, simply connect your Facebook account (go to “Settings”–>”Social Share” and click the “Connect to Facebook” button).
By popular demand, we’ve created a way for you to share your episodes as a native video in Facebook. This give you the opportunity to take advantage of Facebook’s timeline algorithms, which heavily favor video.
You now have two options for auto-sharing your podcast episodes to Facebook:
Click the pencil icon to choose how to display your podcast on Facebook.
If you check “post link”, a URL to your episode will be published (see example below). This enables a user to click the link and open your episode in a separate window outside of Facebook.
The new option we’ve added is to post the episode as a native video. If you check “Upload as video to Timeline”, your episode will be shared as a video that can be played directly in Facebook. Video podcast episodes will play as is; audio podcasts will play the audio with a static image combining your episode artwork and title, as shown below.
We hope you love this new feature. Our team wants to make Podbean the ultimate platform for podcasting smarter. Contact Support if you have any questions.
We’ve added two exciting new features to the Podbean Android app (coming soon for iOS too). With these features, you can customize your listening experience to your preferences and listening conditions.
Volume boost normalizes volume to make listening in noisy situations easier. With dynamic compression equalization, listeners get a more consistent volume. This can really help when podcasts don’t have perfect sound and for listening when there’s a lot of background noise.
Intelligent speed shortens silences in the podcast without distorting the audio. It’s a great way to save time while listening at a normal speed.
To use these features, simply click on the “speedometer” icon on the bottom right when listening to a podcast. You will be able to apply the features there. You can read more about How to Use Intelligent Speed and Volume Boost for Podbean’s Android podcast app here.
On your Podbean site, you can opt to have a home page of your choosing rather than the default episodes page. For example, your podcast site’s home page could be a general introductory page or attractive landing page. It’s easy to set up so that your podcast site functions beautifully for your needs.
1. Start by creating the static page (you can also do this from step 3 below). Simply go to “Layout”->”Pages” in your dashboard. Click the “Create a new page” button.
2. Then go to: https://apps.podbean.com. Get the “Static Podcast Homepage” app.
3. Click the “Settings” icon to select a page as “Home Page”. You can also select a page to show your list of episodes. Then Click “Save changes”.